Risks of total knee replacement Mexico include blood clots in the legs that can travel to the lungs leading to a pulmonary embolism and shortness of breath, chest pain, and even shock.
Risks may also include urinary tract infection, nausea and vomiting, chronic knee pain and stiffness, bleeding into the knee joint, nerve damage, blood vessel injury, and infection of the knee which can necessitate reoperation.
Furthermore, the risks of anesthesia include potential heart, lung, kidney, and liver damage.
As with any operation, knee replacement surgery has risks as well as benefits. Most people who undergo knee replacement Mexico do not experience serious complications.
Other Possible risks include:
- Fracture in the bone around the artificial joint during or after surgery
- Excess bone forming around the artificial knee joint and restricting movement of the knee
- Excess scar tissue forming and restricting movement of the knee
- The kneecap becoming dislocated.
- Numbness in the area around the wound scar.
Contact Dr. Oscar Mendoza Orthopedic Clinic
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.